Are you tired of the same old monochromatic lighting in your home and want to make your LED lights rainbow?
You’re in the right place!
In this post, we will be showing you how to transform your boring LED lights into a dazzling rainbow display. The guide will make it easy for you to create this mesmerizing effect.
So, gather the required materials, and let’s get started on adding some rainbow magic to your home!
Table of Contents
- Materials Needed to Make LED Lights Rainbow
- Easy Ways to Make Your LED Lights Rainbow
- Step-By-Step Instructions for Making LED Lights Rainbow
Materials Needed to Make LED Lights Rainbow
- LED strip lights
- Screws or double-sided tape or glue
- Two identical glass cups
- Transparent/translucent lenses
- Glue gun/soldering gun
Easy Ways to Make Your LED Lights Rainbow
Use Color Changer
A color changer is the easiest way to make your LEDs rainbow. These small gadgets connect directly to the power source or, for a battery-powered one, the battery power supply. They will use Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to change the intensity of individual LEDs according to a specific algorithm. This gives a combination of various colors since each has its own intensity.
Using RGB LED Light
RGB LED Lights have been very popular in the recent past. These lights can change colors smoothly using a remote control. They function using three different color LEDs Green, Red, and Blue. The best thing is that you don’t have to manually change colors because the remote has a default rainbow pattern setup.
Use a Color Wheel
The color wheel shows all possible colors and their corresponding frequencies. It is an effective way to interpret how to change from one color to another gradually. However, using a color wheel to form a rainbow effect is quite tricky because you will have to master what frequencies the LEDs are using and “read” the colors in the wheel.
Using Digital LED Controller
Controllers are among the most popular options for making your LED lights rainbow. You can attach these controllers between your LED strips and power supply. The controller identifies how much current is provided to give a specific color. It then keeps varying the current according to your favorite color-changing options, including the rainbow pattern.
Use Different Cellophane
Using different cellophane materials is a great way to change the color of your LED lights without messing with electronics. Cellophane is usually transparent cellulose sheets with a texture close to that of a plastic sheet. If you tint several sections of the cellophane with multiple colors and wrap your LED strips, you will get an array of colors from the LED lights.
Use LED Cover
LED covers are usually translucent plastic surfaces used to soften the light. Tinting the covers with different colors, like cellophane, will generate a rainbow effect.
Use LED Light Diffuser
A light diffuser is designed to scatter the light throughout the environment to increase its ambient properties. This gadget helps reflect light from various approaches and illuminate the whole area with various brightness levels. You can generate these effects to blend multiple-colored LEDs into a rainbow.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Making LED Lights Rainbow
- Place your LED light strips in the cup upside down to give space for putting the lens on it. Ensure that your lights are facing upward and if necessary, use glue to keep the lights facing up.
- After placing the lens over it, solder the wires for ground and power according to your circuit diagram or connect it directly to the power supply.
- Place one of the glass cups on your LED strip and hold it with a screw to give a tight-fitting between the two elements. Ensure they’re tight, and drill holes in the cardboard or paper for wires to move around easily.
- Place the cardboard over the two elements to give a perfect setting. If they’re not correctly set, fix them by moving around the wires or making holes.
- After everything is set correctly, use hot glue to join the lens and cardboard together so they won’t detach when moving them. Ensure that your wires are coming out from the cardboard.
- Cover the holes with a tap to ensure it does not come off when using your LED rainbow. Check whether the connection is secure by checking your circuit diagram or using a multimeter.
- Now it’s time to test your LED lights rainbow. Ensure you’ve installed it indoors and will not be in contact with water.
- If you do not want to make holes in the cardboard, look for a plastic cover for the entire setup and make holes inside it too. The lens inside the cup will disperse the LED lights into rainbow colors.
Creating rainbow colors from your LED lights is the best way to create an atmosphere that will attract people to your home. So if you want to make your event memorable, this blog post will help you make your LED lights rainbow. Choose an alternative that works best for you and change the look of your room.